USDA ReConnect Grant
State-of-the-art, fiber internet is coming to three communities in the Black Hills, thanks to two multi-million dollar federal grants and a significant investment from SDN Communications.
See the map below for the approved routes (blue and red lines) and subscribe to our ReConnect Newsletter to receive updates on the project.
- Underway: Working with the Black Hills National Forest, State of South Dakota, Lawrence and Pennington Counties on the required permits
- 2021: Begin fiber construction when the necessary permits are approved
- Completion Goal: End of 2023
- 2019 ReConnect Grant - USDA's Project Deadline: May 11, 2025
- 2020 ReConnect Grant - USDA's Project Deadline: October 15, 2026
85 Miles of Fiber
2019 ReConnect Investment:
- $3.3 million - USDA
- $1.1 million - SDN Communications
2020 ReConnect Investment:
- $6 million - USDA
- $2 million - SDN Communications
Total Investment: $12.4 million
Have questions? Email us.
Stay Connected To The Project
Subscribe to receive our ReConnect Newsletter.
We'll send updates only when we have new developments on the project.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
News About ReConnect
USDA Invests $3 Million in High-Speed Broadband with SDN Communications for Black Hills Communities
Black Hills fiber project is hopeful start of something bigger
Prospect of improved connectivity thrills Black Hills residents
USDA Awards $6 Million Grant to SDN for High-Speed Broadband in Rural SD
New grants will improve connectivity in the Black Hills and across S.D.