When we began searching for locations for this multi-million dollar data center - our second facility - we did a lot of research. The 65-acre site has easy access to both major South Dakota Interstates (I-29 and I-90). The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) also provided insightful information to help choose the best location based on historical weather patterns.
Features of this high-tech data vault include:
- Redundant power feeds
- High-tech electronic identification security measures 24x7x365
- A concrete facility with 12-inch walls built to withstand tornadic conditions and other weather hazards
- A temperature-controlled environment that is monitored 24x7
- Battery back-up and generator power
- Access to SDN’s network and Internet service
- Superior redundancy and self-healing circuitry
- State-of-the-art fire protection
The building serves as a switch site location, co-location facility, data center, disaster recovery site, and point of presence.
Co-location suites can be leased in 2,500 square foot increments.
Want more information about SDN’s state-of-the-art data bunker?