FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Vernon Brown
VP of Marketing & Community Relations
(800) 247 1442
SDN Communications’ member/owners elected board leadership, including three new leaders to the board of managers.
SDN Communications, which is owned by 17 rural broadband companies serving 80% of South Dakota’s geography, elected its nine board members who live and serve across South Dakota.
SDN interconnects all 17 companies, creating a statewide fiber optic network of 50,000 miles and serves businesses with multiple locations or those needing managed services and cybersecurity protection.
Among those newly elected to the SDN Board:
- Former marketing manager and now CEO/general manager of Midstate Communications (Kimball), Chad Mutziger. He has more than 20 years with Midstate and doubles as the mayor of Chamberlain.
- Heather Kranz, general manager/CEO of TrioTel Communications (Salem). Kranz was promoted at TrioTel in March 2022, after more than 20 years with the company.
- Jeff Symens, CEO/general manager of Valley Telecommunications (Herreid), also has more than 20 years of experience in the industry and stepped in as Valley’s general manager/CEO in April 2016.
Elected leadership includes:
- President – Denny Law, general manager/CEO of Golden West Telecommunications (Wall)
- Vice President – Randy Houdek, general manager of Venture Communications (Highmore)
- Secretary/Treasurer – Ross Petrick, general manager of Alliance Communications (Garretson)
Other elected members include:
- Steve Meyer, executive VP/general manager of Swiftel Communications (Brookings)
- Tracy Bandemer, general manager/CEO of ITC (Clear Lake)
- Rod Bowar, owner of Kennebec Telephone Co. (Kennebec)
SDN is a business-to-business telecommunications company providing:
- Broadband connectivity among office locations
- Business-class Internet services
- Managed routers, firewalls and remote network monitoring
- Networking equipment
SDN specializes in serving banks, health care, agricultural businesses, government, and education.