Department: Network Operations Center
Hours: Full Time
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
The voice services technician will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the telecommunications network, telecommunications systems, equipment, and applications that support carrier-grade infrastructures. This includes, but is not limited to platform availability, monitoring, trouble isolation, corrective action implementation, project delivery, and rotating out-of-hours on-call support in a network operation center. This position will work closely with other operational team members to support the mission-critical architecture and strategic corporate initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain translations and routing tables for the access tandem switch;
- Utilize the LERG as reference for translations and routing;
- Maintain translations and configuration tables for STP(s) and various subsystems:
- Maintain work queue for provisioning/configuration for new orders/services.
- Utilize network performance monitoring tools to identify and analyze impairments that may affect services;
- Proactively detect and resolve network anomalies and performance issues when required;
- Identify cabling specifications and various terminations. Including but not limited to copper and fiber optic cabling;
- Knowledge of TDM services to include 56K, DS1, DS3, and OCx;
- Knowledge of SS7 and associated TCAP services;
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies and associated VoIP protocols;
- Knowledge of soft-switch and SBC functionality;
- Knowledge of phone systems, SIP devices, and Hosted PBX platforms;
- Ability to write custom scripts for file transfers, alerting of potential outages, and general network management;
- Ability and desire to share knowledge/experiences within a team environment;
- Ability and knowledge of escalating internal and external issues ensuring timely resolution and notifications;
- Ability to troubleshoot SIP and SS7 signaling utilizing Wireshark;
- Coordinating emergency and routine maintenance with customers and vendors;
- Identifies and replaces malfunctioning or inoperative equipment, such as circuit cards or processing units, and performs repairs and preventative maintenance;
- Perform end-to-end trouble isolation, testing, and repair on physical and logical layer services;
- Keep customers and management updated on efforts aimed at restoration of services;
- Maintain accurate logs of trouble isolation and repair efforts;
- Maintain and create procedure manuals and updating policies when applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
4- or 2-year degree from a college or tech school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic understanding of the OSI model.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Internet software. Linux experience is also beneficial.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) certification helpful.
Willing to work rotating shifts and Saturdays. Required to be on-call and report to work within 30 minutes. Demonstrates a willingness and eagerness to learn new technologies and systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY/DISASTER RECOVERY(BCDR)
You are expected to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing/executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
Use this form to submit your application.
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com.