Department: Network Operations Center
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
The network technician will be responsible in maintaining and monitoring the telecommunications network, telecommunications systems, equipment, and applications that support carrier-grade infrastructures. This includes, but not limited to platform availability, monitoring, trouble isolation, corrective action implementation, project delivery, and rotating out of hours on-call support in a network operation center. This position will work closely with other operational team members to support the mission-critical architecture and strategic corporate initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize network performance monitoring tools to identify and analyze impairments that may affect services;
- Proactively detect and resolve network anomalies and performance issues when required;
- Maintain work queue for provisioning/configuration for new orders/services.
- Identify cabling specifications and various terminations. Including but not limited to copper and fiber optic cabling;
- Ability to write custom scripts for file transfers, alerting of potential outages, and general network management;
- Ability and desire to share knowledge/experiences within a team environment;
- Ability and knowledge of escalating internal and external issues ensuring timely resolution and notifications;
- Coordinating emergency and routine maintenance with customers and vendors;
- Identifies and replaces malfunctioning or inoperative equipment, such as circuit cards or processing units, and performs repairs and preventative maintenance;
- Perform end-to-end trouble isolation, testing, and repair on physical and logical layer services;
- Keep customers and management updated on efforts aimed at restoration of services;
- Maintain accurate logs of trouble isolation and repair efforts;
- Maintain and create procedure manuals and updating policies when applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
4- or 2-year degree from a college or tech school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Internet software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) certification helpful.
Willing to work rotating shifts and weekends when needed. Required to be on-call and report to work within 30 minutes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and the risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY/DISASTER RECOVERY (BCDR):
You are expected to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing/executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Use this form to submit your application.
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com.