Department: Install / Warehouse
Interested candidates: use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
Competent at a high level to perform a variety of highly skilled technical work in the installation and removal of various pieces of transport and data equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and any other duties as assigned:
- Work with guidance from more experienced technicians.
- Provision hardware required for service which may include assembling chassis, copying files, and verifying correct inventory has been assigned. Verify connectivity once equipment has been installed and help in troubleshooting any issues.
- Interface with supervisor and engineering to resolve and troubleshoot installation issues. Correct on-site job specifications, drawings and documentation. Accurately record as-built information.
- Prepare technical diagrams and input technical specifications into a database.
- During removal, operations perform cable verification and cable mining operations.
- Sets up and conducts tests of equipment in Lab conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Must perform various administrative duties such as: preparing job forms per customer and engineering requests, monitoring daily job logs, preparing and completing all associated paperwork including completion of task documentation, and time tracking.
- Install and troubleshoot DC power.
- Use and interpret results from various types of test equipment including Volt Meter, OTDR, Light Meter, and Scopes.
- Occasionally work on lifts or ladders at heights up to approximately 70’.
Performs other duties as required
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Shall be able to learn and adapt new skills as needed.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and installation manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, voltage, amperage proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, terminal services software, and general router connectivity and commands, knowledge of CO telecommunications operations, knowledge of electrical wiring maintenance and operation
Certificates & Licenses
Must possess a clean driver's license and be insurable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The general work hours are standard business hours of 8 am to 5 pm. However, travel may require after-hours work and travel. Travel can be up to 50 percent and is project-driven. However, most travel is same day or next day.
After-hours work is scheduled and flexible in most maintenance windows. No on-call hours are required presently but individuals may be asked on short notice to work evening trouble tickets that occasionally arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; climb ladders, walk and sit. The employee will be asked to work with heavy power cables and will need strength and dexterity to aid in working with such physical demands.
Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery (BCDR)
You are expected to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing/executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Use this form to submit your application.
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.