Department: Network Operations
Hours: Full-time, Friday/Saturday/Sunday 6:30 p.m. - 7 a.m.
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit their resume. If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
Provides network support to operational computer networks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains basic network operations and provides assistance to network administrators.
- Handles inbound support calls and creates trouble tickets for issues.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Assists users with network technical support and firewall modifications.
- Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access to network resources.
- Contacts customers regarding issues or problems with their networks.
- Monitors network equipment to minimize downtime.
- Monitors environmental alarms and reports trouble to appropriate areas of the company.
- Monitors DDoS and security applications and escalates as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual should have experience in networking with a strong background in support and customer service.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and terminal service software.
- Individual should have a general overall knowledge of computer networking which include but is not limited to: routers, switches, firewalls, and IP Telephony.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to identify colors, and manual dexterity for various clerical functions.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY/DISASTER RECOVERY (BC/DR)
You are expected to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing / executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) match
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- On-site corporate chaplain
Use this form to submit your application.
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.