ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Oversee all aspects of finance & accounting operations for SDN Communications, and other business managed by SDN.
• Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team.
• Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
• Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
• Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
• Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
• Coordinate & preparation of annual audits and tax returns by CPA firm.
• Developing and coordinating all relationships with banking institutions. Optimize the handling of the relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
• Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
• Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
• Presenting financial or other information to SDN and other organizations Board of Directors.
• Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
• Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
• Evaluates and recommends business partnering opportunities.
• Ensures regulatory and compliance reports are filed timely and accurately.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred.
• An experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the Telecommunication field.
• Certified Public Accountant license required
• Four to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of five years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal abilities
• Advanced language skills which include ability to write business correspondence, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP; Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Power BI and Word software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.