Department: Executive Level
SDN Communications is searching for a Vice President of Corporate Operations in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota office. This position directs the organization's various corporate operations. Responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, other regulatory and advisory organizations. In addition, the position oversees Human Resources and potentially other corporate support roles within the organization.
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
Directs the organization's various corporate operations. Responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, other regulatory and advisory organizations. In addition, the position oversees Human Resources and potentially other corporate support roles within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following and any other duties as assigned:
- Oversees and manages the Accounting and Human Resources Departments. Other departments may be assigned to this position.
- Oversee the Finance & Accounting operations for the SDN Communications, Express Communications, DHE, FRRPA, Northern Hills Transport, SM Broadband and other entities that support SDN and the Industry.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization's fiscal/administrative function and performance.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO and the Board in performing their responsibilities.
- Financial reporting to SDN Board of Directors
- Coordinate & prepare annual audit by CPA firm.
- Prepare & monitor annual line of credit applications for all entities supported by SDN.
- Determine compliance with loan covenants. Supervise the preparation of Annual Filings and reports for SDN and the associated companies supported by SDN.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization, with the Board, shareholders, financial institutions, and Industry as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process and cash flow projection process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization.
- Optimize the handling of bank relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Be an advisor on contracts into which the Corporation or other entities may enter.
- Evaluation of the overall corporation structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the groups as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Oversees and directs treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate, long range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Analyzes operational issues impacting functional groups, the whole institution, and determines their financial impact.
- Evaluates and recommends business partnering opportunities.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting and Human Resources departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
An experienced leader, manager of people, and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the Telecommunication field. An energetic forward thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards. A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus. A well-organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communications skills. A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor. A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective.
Master's degree (MA/MS) or equivalent; or four to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, trigonometry and calculus. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and linear regression to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of The Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word. In addition, knowledge of Accounting, CRM, Workflow and other business software tools will be important.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No certificates are required.
- Certified Public Accountant license may be desirable.
- Juris Doctorate, MBA or other advanced certifications may prove useful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY/DISASTER RECOVERY (BCDR):
You are expected to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing/executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Use this form to submit your application.
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.