Department: Software Systems Development
Monday - Friday, usually regular business hours, with some OT if required.
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a response, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
Design, develop, test, maintain, and troubleshoot simple to moderately complex software systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create, test, deploy, and maintain business applications and systems integrations required for the operation of SDN business units.
• Ensure best practices are used throughout the software development life cycle through collaboration with senior software engineers and management.
• Actively participate in all aspects of the software development process.
• Assist Software Support Specialists and Business Systems Analysts by troubleshooting problems and determining best corrective actions.
• Work closely with Business Systems Analysts, Project Managers, and individuals from all business units to analyze user needs and help set requirements.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of SDN products and services, business operations, work flows and third party systems and use that knowledge produce quality software with an enhanced user experience.
• Keep management up to date on progress, risks, issues, and opportunities.
• Promote team work, positive energy, and professionalism among team members and throughout SDN.
• Promote an environment where staff are cross-trained to support one another and encouraged to share information and ideas.
• Participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program and actively participating in BCDR drills and exercises.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must understand the full development life cycle.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from four-year College or university in Business, Math, Engineering, Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science.
• Minimum of three years of experience in software systems development.
• Experience with most of the following tools and platforms:
o Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio
o Microsoft .NET Framework and Stack – MVC, Webforms
o Web Services / Application Program Interfaces – JSON, SOAP, XML
o Dynamics CRM
o Great Plains Accounting