Department: Outside Plant
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following and any other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating/supervising and implementing all outside plant and field construction, acceptance testing and cut-over coordination.
- Works closely with Network Operations, member company staff, design engineers and contractors during the project to ensure the needs of the company are being met with the quality deployment of facilities.
- Conduct pre-staking meetings and ensure that proper right-of-way, easements and permits are obtained as well as reviews for proper fiber sizing and facility routing.
- Interface with subcontractors during the fiber route survey phase and review the final design route drawings for accuracy and pricing.
- Maintain fiber inventory database for all fiber routes.
- Develops, finalizes and baseline Project Plans.
- Facilitates regular Project Team Meetings to ensure project timelines are being met.
- Creates and maintains an ongoing Project Issue List.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule, within the prescribed budget and meets the upper management expectations.
- Prepares project reports for management, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Safety: Adheres to safety and security procedures. Uses equipment and materials in a proper and safe manner and reports any unsafe or potentially dangerous conditions. Uses good judgment to determine appropriate action beyond safety guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word software. Must have a good understanding of Google Earth and creating kmz file.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Some overnight travel is required.
- Strong experience in staking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY/DISASTER RECOVERY (BCDR):
You are expected to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing/executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Use this form to submit your application.
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com.