DEPARTMENT: Network Operations
Hours: M-F 8:00AM - 5:00PM - Must be willing to work hours occasionally outside of the standard 8-5 work day.
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume. If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
The network technician will be responsible in maintaining and monitoring the telecommunications network, telecommunications systems, equipment, and applications that support carrier grade infrastructures. This includes, but not limited to platform availability, monitoring, trouble isolation, corrective action implementation, project delivery in a network operation center. This position will work closely with other operational team members to support the mission critical architecture and strategic corporate initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Utilize network performance monitoring tools to identify and analyze impairments that may affect services;
• Proactively detect and resolve network anomalies and performance issues when required;
• Maintain work queue for provisioning / configuration for new orders / services.
• Identify cabling specifications and various terminations. Including but not limited to copper and fiber optic cabling;
• Ability to write custom scripts for file transfers, alerting of potential outages, and general network management;
• Ability and desire to share knowledge / experiences within a team environment;
• Ability and knowledge of escalating internal and external issues ensuring timely resolution and notifications;
• Coordinating emergency and routine maintenance with customers and vendors;
• Identifies and replaces malfunctioning or inoperative equipment, such as circuit cards or processing units, and performs repairs and preventative maintenance;
• Perform end-to-end trouble isolation, testing, and repair on physical and logical layer services;
• Keep customers and management updated on efforts aimed at restoration of services;
• Maintain accurate logs of trouble isolation and repair efforts;
• Maintain and create procedure manuals and updating policies when applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Internet software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) certification helpful.
The candidate needs to have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.