Department: Network Services
Hours: Full Time
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
Competent at the highest level to perform a variety of highly skilled network engineering related duties. Work on design and implementation of various network devices. Duties are performed in a highly customer orientated organization, where the exercise of excellent customer service, teamwork and relations is paramount. The employee is expected to exercise considerable initiative and judgment in planning and organizing work, take a leading role in carrying out the work process, and modifying plans to meet unexpected situations and deal with associated problems. Work may be subject to frequent demands caused by deadlines and heavy workloads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides network planning as it relates to Core Data Network Infrastructure. May also include access rings including CO and customer premise equipment, digital access cross-connect systems and all collocation and interconnect facilities.
- Analyzes bandwidth utilization to determine Core Data Network Infrastructure.
- Take responsibility for the analysis, definition, and continued development of the end-to-end Architecture for SDN.
- Analyzes network vulnerabilities and develops plan of actions to minimize risks.
- Develops and maintains detailed network designs and documentation including Method of Procedure and Engineering Specifications.
- Maintains network asset and circuit inventory databases.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of network equipment and emerging technologies, while ensuring the selected technology positions the network for future capacity growth, features, capabilities, and reliability.
- Recommends hardware and software upgrades in order to support the network.
- Perform Network Design duties for overall network solutions.
- Provide support as required when problems are encountered.
- Acts as a representative of SDN Communications to the customer and general public.
- Operates SDN Communications vehicle and equipment in a lawful, safe, and courteous manner.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have a knowledge of OSPF, BGP and MPLS.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university. 7 Years of experience on a service provider network in engineering, architecture or design roles.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Visio and Word software.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Adheres to safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials in a proper and safe manner and reports any unsafe or potentially dangerous conditions. Uses good judgment to determine appropriate action beyond safety guidelines.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY/DISASTER RECOVERY (BCDR)
You are expected to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing / executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
Use this form to submit your application.
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com.