Department: Sales (Job Location - Rapid City, SD)
Hours: Monday - Friday, usually regular business hours.
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume. If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
Summary: Promotes and sells company products and services via phone, in person, and various other venues to consistently contribute to company profitability, goals, and individual and team quotas. SDN markets its products and services in a business to business environment. Our products and services can be categorized as follows:
Network & Connectivity
• Internet service
• Point-to-Point Ethernet
• MPLS networks
• Other new connectivity options as approved by Product Management.
• Managed Firewall Service
• Managed Router Service
• Remote Network Monitoring
• Other Managed services as approved by Product Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• Travels throughout assigned territory and uses telephone to call on regular and prospective customers to introduce company, products and services as well as obtain orders.
• Quotes prices and contract terms as prepared by internal staff and obtain service request information for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customer; based on knowledge of network complexity, network partners and own firm's installation schedules.
• Prepares reports of sales activities and keeps expense accounts.
• Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
• Attends trade shows, chamber events and other SDN functions.
▪ Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ 3 - 5 years successful selling experience in B2B technical environment.
▪ Must be able to travel, some overnight travel required.
▪ Excellent verbal and written communications skills
▪ Personality that allows you to excel in a sales environment; self-motivated to produce
▪ Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Visio, Excel and Word software
▪ Current driver’s license required and acceptable driving record
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.