Department: Managed Services
Reports To: Managed Services Supervisor
Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in designing and implementing well-functioning computer networks.
- Perform troubleshooting on firewalls, routers DDoS Protection and SD-WAN services.
- Help to identify misconfigurations or bottlenecks to ensure the long-term efficiency of the network.
- Work with customers to understand problems and find a resolution.
- Assist customers in achieving long-term goals in the security and operation of their network.
- Monitor functioning of equipment for both performance and security issues.
- Help with the creation and maintenance of design documents, troubleshooting logs, and knowledgebase documents.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a member of a team, as well as research independently.
- Take an active role in supporting the product lifecycle of firewalls, routers, and other managed services.
- Maintain and create document design logical and physical drawings where needed.
- Coordinate both emergency and routine maintenance with customers and vendors which may include after-hours support.
- Participate in a rolling on-call schedule.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully should have strong knowledge in:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with FortiNet equipment
- Next-Generation Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Switches, Access Points, and Software-Defined Networking
- Access control Lists
- Policy-based routing
- Dynamic routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- Strong understanding of Layers 2-4 of the OSI Model including VLANs, IPSec, MPLS
- Good understanding of Layers 5-7 of the OSI Model including encryption and decryption
- Network tools like Wireshark, Nessus, NMAP, Putty and SecureCRT
- Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Visio and Word software
- Microsoft 2008-2016 Server, Microsoft 8-10, Linux
- Scripting and parsing information
- Compliance standards like SOX, PCI, HIPPA, ITIL
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
An Managed Services Tech should possess at least one major software vendor certifications such as CCNA A+, Network+. Further pursuit of certifications should be focused on including, CCNA, CCDA, Fortinet NSE, etc.
The position entails a limited amount of travel. Some travel may be required. Valid driver’s license required.
Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery (BCDR): You may be asked to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing/executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
Use this form to submit your application
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com.