Interested candidates can use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
Primary contact person for designated major accounts. Supports 5 – 10 large / strategic customers. The major accounts department functions as a team, however major account customers typically are assigned a primary contact within the department.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and pays great attention to detail. SDN’s major accounts require a high degree of professionalism and responsiveness. Strong communication skills are required to be successful in this position. Presenting a range of solutions and pricing options is often necessary for this role. The major accounts position is customer-facing – SDN’s major accounts rely on their primary contact for information, problem-solving and additional resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track customer order flow
- Primarily keep customer orders moving
- Order entry for new and existing services
- Moves, adds, changes and disconnects
- Attend customer meetings and obtain a good understanding of customer needs, including additional sales opportunities
- Be familiar with all SDN products and services provided to the customer
- Conduct systematic meetings with major accounts to review circuits, bandwidth utilization, current orders, service changes and changes to the customer’s business environment
- Act as liaison for internal and customer communications
- Potentially manage credits for SLAs
- Identify and address customer issues
- Communicate with internal departments for issue resolution
- This position will establish and strengthen customer relationships
- This person will be the primary contact for his or her accounts
- Assist with the completion of RFPs / RFQs
- Obtain off-net pricing
- Generate the complete response for quoting
- Manage contracts / contract renewals for customers
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a technical background to understand customer needs and SDN products.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to accomplish goals through others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Visio, Excel, Word and SQL software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver's license
Must be able to travel, some overnight travel required.
Must have a thorough knowledge of SDN customers.
Excellent customer service skills.
The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY/DISASTER RECOVERY(BCDR):
You are expected to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing/executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Use this form to submit your application.
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com.