Department: Field Services
Interested candidates: use the form below to submit your resume.
If you do not see a confirmation, please contact the email address in the fine print below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and any other duties as assigned:
- Work with guidance from more experienced technicians.
- Provision hardware required for service which may include assembling chassis, copying files, and verifying correct inventory has been assigned. Verify connectivity once equipment has been installed and help in troubleshooting any issues.
- Interface with supervisor and engineering to resolve and troubleshoot installation issues. Correct on-site job specifications, drawings and documentation. Accurately record as-built information.
- Prepare technical diagrams and input technical specifications into a database.
- During removal, operations perform cable verification and cable mining operations.
- Sets up and conducts tests of equipment in Lab conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Must perform various administrative duties such as: preparing job forms per customer and engineering requests, monitoring daily job logs, preparing and completing all associated paperwork including completion of task documentation, and time tracking.
- Install and troubleshoot DC power.
- Use and interpret results from various types of test equipment including Volt Meter, OTDR, Light Meter, and Scopes.
- Occasionally work on lifts or ladders at heights up to approximately 70’.
Education & Experience
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, terminal services software, and general router connectivity and commands, knowledge of CO telecommunications operations, knowledge of electrical wiring maintenance and operation
Certificates & Licenses
- Must possess a clean driver's license and be insurable.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical for driving requirements.
Use this form to submit your application.
SDN will recruit, hire, assign and promote employees on the basis of their qualifications and without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. It is also our policy to employ and advance disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.