Department: Service Assurance
Hours: Monday - Friday, usually normal business horus with some OT when necessary.
Interested candidates please submit resume using the form below.
Implements and maintains Business and Operations Support Systems responsible for various functions which may include network management, service delivery, service assurance, service fulfillment, customer care, product management, order management, and revenue management. Works closely with various SDN departments to provide uninterrupted access to and efficient operation of mission critical software platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of SDN’s BSS and OSS software platforms such as Centina NetOmnia, Oracle Metasolv and Oracle BRM, Microsoft Power BI and related software integrations, as well as various EMS platforms from a number of equipment vendors like Infinera, Cisco, Fujitsu and others.
- Work closely with engineering and operations staff to maintain network inventory and monitoring systems communicating across varying network technologies to track and notify on network performance, faults, and alarms.
- Work with SDN accounting and billing staff to ensure proper operation and uninterrupted availability of SDN customer billing and revenue management platform.
- Coordinate changes to SDN’s customer portal with various departments to continually improve customer experience and access to service related information.
- Work with SDN Application Development staff to create and continually improve applications that interface with various BSS and OSS software platforms.
- Coordinate software patches and upgrades with IT and user base for SDN BSS and OSS software platforms, and continually test to confirm system operations before and after any change.
- Understand application data models and database platforms (including Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, and Microsoft SQL) and produce reports for SDN employee or customer use, relating data from vairous software platforms.
- Act as a second level escalation contact for day to day Service Assurance duties and overflow work on day to day Service Assurance tasks on customer or internal orders.
- Work with software and equipment vendors to develop and implement BSS and OSS platforms in a manner that fits SDN business processes and network topologies.
- Work closely with Application Development to continually improve SDN software platform integration, data presentation, and ease of use for staff, member companies, and customers.
- Must have willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Must be able to balance project based workloads and timelines with day to day task due dates driven by sales orders.
- Practice excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a highly technical telecommunications environment.
- You are expected to participate in SDN's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) program by being knowledgeable about SDN's BCDR Program, actively participate in BCDR drills and exercises, and may be assigned various duties in response to business emergencies (and establishing/executing priorities, responses and recovery activities in the event of a service disruption).
Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent from a college or university; or six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Visio and Word software, and general knowledge of databases and server architecture.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to identify colors, and manual dexterity for various clerical functions.