Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010Blog written by Super
As we near the end of 2010, it is time to reflect on the year and plan for 2011. What trends should your business keep an eye on in the coming year?
1. Purchasing of IT equipment will come back – but it won’t be like it was prior to 2008. IT will be tasked with finding ways to help their companies meet new demands with smaller staffs and shorter timelines. Technology will be essential in that process.
2. Money-saving technologies will continue to see growth. Look for more emphasis on virtualization, cloud computing, and software as a service (SaaS).
3. With the growth in smaller, hand-held devices, employees will be looking to IT staff to help incorporate them into the office atmosphere. Tablets and iPads have changed the way we interact personally and now professionally.
4. Companies will implement more technology to connect employees and customers. Video chat, online chat and telepresence will be used to improve real-time collaboration.
5. According to a Gartner study, by 2013, more than 25 percent of the content that workers see in a day will be dominated by pictures, video or audio. As these demands on the network increase, demand for bandwidth will also increase.
Want more information on the top 10 strategic technologies and trends for 2011? Click here to read the entire Gartner analysis.